Saturday, January 31, 2009

Worldview perspectives- winsome and loving reminders

I have a passion for biblical worldview and the fact that there is not an area of the human experience that God has not spoken about and provided all I need to do right in it! Much of my thoughts and studies have revolved around this so I am constantly learning more. But sometimes I can struggle with frustration at those who don't see it or just don't care. I have a hard time meeting them in love and compassion. God was reminding me about this and I read this quote in my daily devotion and I thought is was too good not to share!

"the way to genuine openness and inclusiveness lies through the narrow gate. In renouncing all for Jesus' sake, we become heirs to the entire universe. But those who deny God's reality and cling only to the visible world shut themselves up in a box with a tightly closed lid." -The Truth Project Daily Travelogue.

We have to remember that the world is lost:

Isaiah 44:20 NIV
He feeds on ashes, a deluded heart misleads him; he cannot save himself, or say, "Is not this thing in my right hand a lie?"

And our response as servants of Christ should be:

2 Timothy 2:24-26 NKJV
And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient, in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth, and that they may come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by him to do his will.

2 comments:

Sarah Martin said...

This is such a great post, Esther. I love the quote form the Truth Project. Thanks for sharing.

Claire said...

Thank you for this site. It is a real blessing to me.